IMPERIAL BEACH, California — The chief of naval personnel officially released the fall petty officer advancement list Friday to command leadership, allowing notification of sailors to start days earlier than had been planned.
“It’s a little earlier than expected,” said Vice Adm. Bill Moran to sailors at Riverine Group One here. “Due to some technical difficulties we made the decision to push the results to command triads today.”
The early release is due to the results already being updated in some sailor’s individual personnel files, which prompted Moran to approve the release to commands.
The release, he told Navy Times, was not intentional nor due to any potential misconduct. The public release of the list of the 23,072 new petty officers is set for Monday. Check back with Navy Times for the full list of active-duty, reserve and Full Time Support. “This morning we inadvertently released the fall advancement results to individual sailors ahead of our planned release schedule, said CNP spokesman Cmdr. Chris Servello.
“We will push command advancements this morning via [BUPERS online] to COs, XOs and CMCs.
“In spite of this error we still want to provide command triads an opportunity to notify their sailors of the results — we regret the inconvenience.”




